It’s finally starting to feel like Spring in London – hurrah! Although every day is a guessing game of umbrella or sunglasses, there’s still some sunshine and that’s something to celebrate. The best way to indulge in the blossoming weather is to get out there and enjoy it! To help you do so, we have rounded up the best April events and offers in the Marble Arch and Edgware Road area, as well as some ongoing, but unmissable happenings.
- Vinoteca’s monthly wine flight is a thing of beauty and this month highlights the best of Britain with Surrey Gold NV, 2014 Sparkling Red from Cornwall (limited stock), & 2014 Pinto Blanc from West Sussex. Every day in April | £10.50 for 3 tasters | Info here
- £25 for 3 courses and a cocktail at The Pickled Hen with an amazing selection of British gastropub and seasonally inspired dishes throughout April. Mon – Sun 18:00 till 22:00 | £25 | Book here
- New Prix Fix lunch menu at The Gate Marylebone featuring Spring additions and forever favourites like new Arancini and Mediterranean Tart, as well as the famous Sweet Potato & Chickpea Burger and Shakshuka. £15 for 2 courses; £18 for 3 courses | Mon-Fri from 12-4pm | Book here
- Malbec Month at Abasto – Offering a flight menu for just £18.95, featuring three glasses of wines, delectably paired with a choice of three empanadas, the hand-made Argentinian pastries that Abasto fills with ingredients like Spanish meats and cheeses to dulce de leche for a unique sweet empanada, as well as vegan and gluten-free versions with beetroot, mushroom or tofu.
- Feast on London with 3 courses (menu), City of London gin with London Essence grapefruit & rosemary tonic at Lanes of London | £35 from 1 – 30 April | Book here
- Steak, fries and a glass of wine at Salt & Honey Bistro includes 8 oz flank steak, cavolo nero, bone marrow butter with truffle oil and pecorino french fries and a glass of red or white wine. Usually around £32, but only £18.50 in April | Book here
- Shop the latest collection from Paolita, specialising in luxury swimwear and resort wear, just in time for those balmy, sun soaked holidays aka not anywhere near England. Heralded as “the very last word in luxury swimwear”, the brand is consistently featured in the top names in fashion like Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Elle, Conde Nast Traveller, Tatler (and more). Visit the gorgeous flagship at 18 New Quebec St, London W1H 7RX.
Monday, 2 April – Thompson’s Gallery Spring exhibition aptly named ‘Pastel Society’ features varied and exciting works of selected Members of the Pastel Society GB. Until 29 April Mon to Fri 10:00am – 6:00pm and Sat 10:00am – 5:30pm | Info here
Tuesday, 3 April – Entering the last weeks to see ‘Paint Pigment Photographs’ exhibition at Rob and Nick Carter’s gallery in Connaught Village – RNat5A. The Hindu festival of Holi initially inspired the unique action photography that beautifully captures paint pigment spontaneously thrown into the air. The luminosity of the raw pigment is juxtaposed against the clear blue sky as if it were dancing in space. Tues to Sat, 10:00am – 6:00pm | Info here
Friday, 06 April – Lanes of London launches its latest afternoon tea special – Botanical Afternoon Tea – featuring mesmerising spring flavours like pineapple sage, red leaf basil and arugula pest, orange and kafir lime jam, as well as jasmine, lavender, lychee, elderflower, and bee balm! Perfect alongside live music every Saturday. £22.50; £32.50 with bubbly; £42.50 with rose champagne | All month – April | Book here
Tuesday, 10 April – Lavera Skincare and Make-up 1-on-1 consultations. Enjoy a complimentary 30 minutes skin consultation with personalised advice followed by a make-over by Lavera. Complimentary teas and coffees plus you will also receive a Lavera goodie bag! 5:00pm-8:00pm | Free | Register here.
Wednesday, 11 April – Thompson’s Gallery launches its latest exhibition, ‘ZHENI WARNER: THE DEPTHS OF LIGHT AND COLOUR’, which is an exhilarating solo exhibition by Bulgarian abstract painter Zheni Warner that explores the use of lights within and alongside a canvas. Until 28 April Mon to Fri 10:00am – 6:00pm and Sat 10:00am – 5:30pm | Info here
Friday, 13 April
- Kicking off Malbec Month, Abasto -who boasts the largest selection of Malbec wines in London – will host an exclusive tasting evening giving fans of Argentinian produce the chance to try three delicious empanadas and three Malbecs. 7:00pm-10:00pm | Tickets £20 | Book here
- Don’t say boo to a goose on this freaky Friday! Instead head to The Pickled Hen for an exclsuive Goose Island Beer Tasting with nibbles followed by free live music as part of LIVE @ The Pickled Hen series featuring E and O.
Tuesday, 17 April
- No Corkage Day at Abasto to celebrate World Malbec Day! Wine fans will have the opportunity to try the world’s best Malbecs all day long in-store and pay only take-away prices, saving up to a huge 50%. 12:00pm – 10:00pm
- ‘Knock Knock!’ at West London Synagogue is one of the hits from last summer’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival right in Marble Arch! Niv Petel’s remarkable one-man play caused a surprise sensation as it Petel weaves a vivid, detailed and moving picture, exploring the effects of National Service on a single mother and her only son in Israel. 7:00pm – 10:00pm | Tickets £20 | Book here
Thursday, 19 April
- Snact zero-waste workshop at As Nature Intended. Snact produces fruit snacks from unwanted “ugly” fruits and uses packaging that can be completely composted. Hence, they know quite a lot about food and packaging waste and will share their tips, tricks and facts at this very interesting workshop. 6:30pm – 7:30pm | Tickets £5 and includes a £5 voucher to spend in-store | Book here
- ‘Classic Italian Wine Regions’ at Buchanans Cheesemonger. In this class, you’ll taste wines from some of Italy’s most famous wine regions and pair them with delicious cheeses from Italy and beyond. 6:30-8:30pm | Tickets £60 | Call 020 3441 8010 to book.
- Malbec Blind Tasting for those that fancy themselves an expert, Malbec fans will also get to take part in a blind tasting to try four Malbecs from four different countries. Guess all four and win a bottle. 7:00 – 10:00pm | Tickets £20 | Book here.
Friday, 20 April – Celebrate 70 years of Isreal’s independence at West London Synagogue’s ‘Israel@70′ Yom Ha’Atzmaut Oneg Shabbat with Traditional Friday night service with Shabbat Shira Musicians (free admission, all welcome), followed by Oneg Shabbat, dinner plus singing and dancing with klezmer band (ticket holders only). Service 6:00pm – 7:00pm, Oneg Shabbat 7:15pm onwards | Service FREE, Oneg Shabbat Tickets £30 adult member, £37.50 adult non member, £18 child, fulltime student, or unwaged, £250 for a table of ten | Dress Code: Blue & White | Book here
Saturday, 21 April – Energy workshop with Jackie Lynch, author of ‘Va Va Voom, 10 day energy diet‘ at As Nature Intended.will guide you to the best means of not feeling tired all the time via what you’re eating! 11:00am – 12:00pm | Tickets £10 and includes a £10 voucher to spend in store | Book here
Sunday, 22 April – Back by popular demand! The Private Yogi x As Nature Intended‘s Spring Yoga class will focus on Energising and Regenerating. 10:00am – 11:30am | Tickets £5 and includes a £5 voucher to spend in store | Book here
Wednesday, 25 April –
- Portfolio Tasting at Connaught Cellars featuring new wines they are importing for the summer. They will show you around 15 wines from Provence, Bandol and few regions of Italy for you to try and see what you like. The £10 cover is deductible from your purchase on the evening. 7:00pm – 10:00pm | Tickets £10 | Book here.
- The Feast of Beasts Banquet series 2018 at The Grazing Goat continues with The Beef Banquet hosted by Executive Chef Leigh Hartnett, alongside one of their suppliers. With the decor unveiled on the evening, relax into your throne and watch the frivolities unfold, as they create a truly memorable experience. These evenings will encompass a cacophony of 7-courses and an arrival drink, to be enjoyed together. £55 | 6:30pm | Book here
Thursday, 26 April – Abasto hosts Malbec Quiz Night with Divino in Vino to challenge the senses with the ultimate quiz night for Malbec aficionados. 7.00 – 10.00pm | Tickets £35 per person | Book here.
Friday, 27 April
- The Pickled Hen is starting your weekend off right with Camden Ales Beer Tasting with nibbles. Followed by live music as part of the LIVE @ The Pickled Hen series featuring Two Piece Temple. Tasting 6:00pm – 7:30pm, LIVE@ 7:30pm -10:00pm| Tickets £10 | Book here
- Happy Hour at Bernardi’s is synonymous with luxury and relaxation. Enjoy delectable cocktails and wine alongside delicious cicheti and pizzette. Every Monday – Friday 3:00-6:30pm | Menu here | Book here
- Nerd PubQuiz every Monday The Green Man. 7:00pm | £2 Entry – Team of 6 or less | £30 Bar tab for winners plus best team name wins a special prize
- Thali Tuesdays at Bombay Palace – Enjoying a vegetarian or non-vegetarian Thali for £19.90. The Thali is a traditional Indian platter with little bowls of rice, dal, bread, salad, curry, papad, and dessert. Offer valid on Tuesdays only during lunch time and dinner time
- Pub Quiz every Sunday at Lord Wargrave. 7:30pm | £2 Entry | £50 bar tab for winners and golden prize every week with cash prize!
- Experience Packages at Grosvenor Casino The Victoria – Looking for a night out to celebrate your Birthday, Anniversary or maybe a team building event? STRAIGHT FLUSH includes a drink at the bar, meal, gaming tuition, free £5 gaming chip for £15 or FULL HOUSE with a drink from the bar, three course meal, free £5 gaming chip, free £5 slots voucher, gaming tuition for £30.
- Enjoy live sporting action every week at The Heron, showing all the games from the Premiership to the 6 Nations and everything in between on two large screens showing BT Sports, Sky Sports and ESPN. Reserve an area here.