Works commences to deliver a Facelift for Edgware Road Station
17 July 2018
Marble Arch London BID has partnered with Transport for London and London Underground to deliver a facelift for Edgware Road Station.
Edgware Road (Circle, Hammersmith & City Line) station is one of a number of stations across London where these improvements are funded through a new scheme called the Ambience Partnership. This fund sees BIDs, like Marble Arch London, and business groups collaborate with London Underground to improve both the station interior and its external spaces.
Marble Arch London applied to be part of the scheme in February 2017 and the successful results were announced in July 2017.
To date the following items have already been completed by London Underground:
- Improved signage at the Cabbell Street entrance to help passengers differentiate between the two Edgware Road stations;
- Removal of graffiti from the Cabbell Street entrance;
- A new coffee concession at the station’s main entrance;
- New maps and frames at the Marylebone Road entrance.
Further measures are about to start, including:
- Replacement of the roundel at the Marylebone Road entrance;
- Painting of the Marylebone Road entrance and internal staircase to platforms;
- A large Legible London wayfinding map in the main ticket hall to help customers with their onward journeys;
- Painting of columns at the Cabbell Street façade;
- A new station name frieze at the Marylebone Road entrance;
- Painting of the wooden pedestrian overbridge between platforms;
- Replacement of missing tiles in the ticket hall.
Marble Arch London is providing contributions towards the external works and the Legible London wayfinding map, to improve the customer journey and experience when exiting the station. We are funding 30% of the overall costs, with Transport for London contributing 70%. The total value of the work is estimated at approximately £50,000.
Mark Evers, Transport for London’s Chief Customer Officer said:
“We are delighted to have partnered with Marble Arch BID on this Ambience Partnership Project at Edgware Road Tube station. Both our customers and the wider local community will greatly benefit from the improvements made to the station.
We know there is tremendous value in partnering with the business community and we have learnt a great deal about how to improve the scheme for future years.
I want to personally thank Marble Arch BID for their unwavering commitment in helping to fund this valuable project.”
It is anticipated that all work will be completed by December 2018.