First Thursdays on Seymour Place
2 October 2018
Reclaim your Lunchbreak this Thursday, 4 October, with the inaugural First Thursdays on Seymour Place, which will bring a bespoke line-up of special promotions, workshops and activities to the street to help local workers improve well being and enhance their relationship with the local area.
The Portman Estate in partnership with One Poll and Sir Cary Cooper Professor of Organisational Psychology and Health at the ALLIANCE Manchester Business School conducted research into how UK workers spend their lunch breaks. The new research found that only 6% of office workers in the country take a full lunch break daily, meaning they could be missing out on 18 days of free time per year. According to the survey results, over a third of those polled reported feeling more energised, more productive and less stressed after taking a break. Yet, almost three quarters of respondents believe taking a full break improves overall wellbeing (69%), but despite this, over half (56%) take less than 30 minutes per day on average and almost a quarter (22%) never take their lunch break at all. Read more about the study here.
To help everyone #ReclaimTheirLunchbreak, First Thursdays on Seymour Place is planning a wealth of events. From food to fitness, art to artisan – make Thursday your new Friday! Activities for the inaugural First Thursdays on 4 October are:
· Thompson’s Gallery will help you exercise your artistic skills at a complimentary drop-in 30-minute drawing workshop, with pens and paper available in-store, the winning piece will recieve a bottle of champagne. Art materials will be available from 1pm.
· Book a 20-minute ‘bowtie’ workshops at Taliare boutique, where former Saville Row tailor, Erlend Norby, will reveal expert tips and tricks to tie the perfect bow tie. To book a space in the workshops email: Erlend@taliare.com
· 10% off massages and beauty treatments between 10am and 8pm at Lemongrass Boutique Spa
· London Grace will serve 2 for 1 cocktails with any manicure and pedicure treatment between 5pm and 8pm
· Enjoy a complimentary drunk at vegetarian restaurant, The Gate, when you order from the lunchtime menu
· For leisurely lunches, upgrade your half pint of Peroni for a full pint at no additional cost at Bernardi’s
· An exclusive price on The Portman menu and accompanying drinks
· 10% off all food at Corsican pizzeria SANDY’S between 12.30pm and 2pm
· Basque Grill, Lurra and tapas bar, Donostia will serve a complimentary cup of coffee or a glass of wine to all diners during lunchtime service
Seymour Place First Thursdays will take place on the first Thursday of every month, follow @portmanmarylebone and @marblearch.london on Instagram to keep up-to-date with the latest offers.