Save the Date: Portman Summer Street Party, 19 July
14 June 2018
It’s that wonderful time of year again – The Portman Summer Street Party! On Thursday, 19 July, The Portman Estate is taking over its much-loved Marylebone quarter on Seymour Place and New Quebec Street to bring the ultimate summer celebration to residents, businesses and visitors alike. The Portman Marylebone Summer Street Party is working with Carers Network, a charity dedicated to supporting unpaid carers in changing lives across London.
Free to attend, this year’s celebration of summer will deliver a spectrum of energetic experiences alongside an abundance of food and drink from some of the West End’s best bars and restaurants from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
As one of London’s most exciting dining destinations, guests can expect some exceptional street food on Seymour Place:
- Bernardi’s will serve modern Italian dishes alongside colourful summer cocktails
- Basque grill Lurra will be cooking its renowned Galician prime ribs cooked on an al fresco flame grill
- London’s top vegetarian restaurant, The Gate, will prepare a selection of sweet and savory dishes at exclusive prices
- Authentic Corsican pizza slices will be available at SANDY’s
- Vinoteca will be serving its delicious Arancini, alongside a glass of its award-winning wine
Foodie heaven can be further found on New Quebec Street with delights like:
- Butcher and grill Boxcar will be serving up a summer BBQ,
- Renowned fishmonger La Petite Poissonnerie will have oysters and champagne
- The Grazing Goat is offering drinks and tasters
- The Zetter Townhouse is mixing specially made cocktails at their pop-up bar
Guests will have the chance to learn new skills and moves at the Latin dance and hula hoop workshops and demonstrations, whilst live music and DJ’s will keep the crowds dancing until 10pm. There will also be an array of family entertainment, including a complimentary picnic at GAIL’s Artisan Bakery, a fun-take on the traditional sports day for the kids, and a host of workshops for creative minds.
For one night only, the much-loved boutiques on the street will also be offering special promotions; new arrival, London Grace will host a Pop of Colour Party, with deals on nail polish and summer themed cupcakes for customers. Eliska will be holding an in-store celebration serving complimentary summer PIMM’S cups. Beachwear designer, Paolita, will be welcoming guests with cocktails, canapés and a 15% discount on all current collections.
Complimentary food and drink, and places for the Children’s sports day will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis. Each session runs for 20 minutes. For more information, visit www.portmanmarylebone.com.