Protect your business from terrorism with our FREE Project Griffin training, 21 June
12 April 2018
As part of the West End Security Group, we are hosting a half-day Project Griffin training on 21 June. The course, which is run by the Metropolitan Police, is FREE to BID Members and will train businesses on what to do in the event of a terrorist attack or safety breech.
Project Griffin is a national scheme tailored to businesses to help them protect their staff and buildings, business areas and the surrounding neighbourhoods from the threat of terrorism.
Attendees will be educated on:
- Run, Hide, Tell – Guide individuals on what to do if they find themselves involved in a terrorist incident or events that lead up to a planned attack
- The current nature of the terrorism threat
- How to look out for and report hostile reconnaissance
- What to consider in the event of an incident
- How to deal with suspicious items
Project Griffin training is relevant for all levels of staff, but managers and teachers, business owners, receptionists and security team might find it most useful.
This is a very popular course, so please register your interest with Ruth in the BID team today in order to secure a spot. The security training will be held within the BID area (location TBC). Tea, coffee and water will be provided during the event.
Other safety and security courses run by Marble Arch London BID include:
- GDPR – Encompassing workshop and training on how your business can be GDPR compliant in time for the regulation changes
- Project ARGUS – An interactive counter terrorism workshop to provide organisations with practical solutions in case of emergencies
- First-Aid Training – Run by St Johns Ambulance the course teaches basic life-saving first aid and workplace health and safety regulations
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness – Training to help businesses strengthen and manage the mental wellbeing of their staff
- Many more