Marble Arch London BID has joined the London Alliance and is taking part in a new citywide campaign to build consumer confidence and encourage a responsible recovery in consumer spending.
In a collective response to the coronavirus pandemic, the London Alliance brings together more than 100 major London businesses, brands, cultural organisations and city authorities to sustainably kickstart London’s consumer economy. The London Alliance, brought together by London & Partners, will come together under the campaign #BecauseImALondoner.
The London Alliance is running the campaign to inspire Londoners to safely explore their own areas and support local businesses, boosting consumer confidence and stimulating spending, to help the city reshape and recover. It will support London’s culture, retail, hospitality and events sectors to thrive while we adapt to life after lockdown is lifted.
The campaign forms one part of the Mayor of London’s #LondonTogether initiative, which brings Londoners together in this challenging time through helping them access the information and support they need and shining a light on great examples of community action taking place across the city. The campaign will encourage responsible behaviour, in full alignment with Government and public health advice.
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, said: “I’m delighted to support the ‘Because I’m a Londoner’ campaign, which showcases the capital’s fantastic local businesses and encourages Londoners to safely and responsibly rediscover their local high streets and town centres. I’m determined to do all I can to help our city’s businesses navigate the continuing uncertainty. I’m confident this London Alliance will help build new partnerships and collaborations and, ultimately, help London emerge stronger than ever.”
The campaign will:
- Give Londoners confidence that going out responsibly will be a safe experience.
- Show that businesses are responding to the new aspirations of Londoners.
- Help Londoners support businesses which are currently struggling, in industries including hospitality, retail and leisure.
- Encourage Londoners to share their passion for the city, giving others confidence to experience it too.
How can businesses get involved:
- Sign up to join the London Alliance and download the free-to-use marketing assets.
- Join businesses across London in a social conversation highlighting London’s amazing local areas, using the hashtag #BecauseImALondoner.
- Encourage other businesses and their networks to share stories across their own channels using the campaign hashtag.
The London Alliance is open to any London business that wants to use the campaign or support it. Sign up for free here.