Step into the enchanting world of Connaught Village and unwrap the magic of the festive season. On 22 November 2023, Connaught Village will debut its first-ever Christmas Design Collective, a whimsical wonderland crafted exclusively for discerning shoppers in search of unique treasures from independent brands.
Embrace the spirit of giving, as Londoners from all corners of the city gather to explore a one-of-a-kind pop-up shopping experience. The Christmas Design Collective features some of the most coveted design-led brands including HUM London, Colours of Arley, Domenica Marland, TIDINGS, Faeger, Kokoro and Max Made Me.
Designed and curated by illustrator and designer Max Made Me and set across two floors, this pop-up extravaganza is a feast for the eyes, overflowing with a palette of captivating colours to make your Christmas shopping experience truly unforgettable. Imagine being surrounded by the elegance and spirit of TIDING’s silk scarves, the bespoke charm of Colours of Arley’s striped cushions, the luxury in every greeting card from Max Made Me, and the eclectic collection of artworks from the talented Domenica Marland.
But the joy doesn’t stop there. Christmas in Connaught Village promises to be a season of generosity, with a lineup of events and experiences that will keep you coming back for more. From the gift of giving at the Christmas Design Collective, alongside events such as wreath making workshops with the English Potted Plant Company, the village also promises to give back with the Give a Little Love Tree which will display a brand-new outdoor neon LED lighting showcasing ‘love in every language’ from 22 November, bringing together the village’s community of boutique stores, cafes, restaurants and eateries that promise to highlight the best of Connaught Village.
Christmas Design Collective pop-up launch
The Christmas Design Collective pop-up launch will take place on Wednesday 22 November 2023 from 4-7pm at 12 Porchester Place. Watch the Connaught Village Christmas lights and Tree of Love being switched on and enjoy festive carols by Connaught House School, mulled wine and mince pies by Cluttons, shopping & canapés at English Potted Plant Co, a cheese tasting at Buchanans, and Christmas cards & local honey from Cosmic Charity.
Brands taking part in the Christmas Design Collective include:
- Colours of Arley: Known for bespoke striped fabrics, statement pieces, bespoke fabrics and homeware.
- Domenica Marland: Domenica created an online art dealing site that aims to sell affordable and decorative works of art. Through sourcing pieces that are unique and representing young and contemporary artists, she has established a programme that is all-accessible and engaging.
- Tidings: Inspired by a long walk along the beach on the east coast of Ireland, Tidings Creative Director Niamh Gillespie came across an old message in a bottle. A dispatch sent from another place, another time, brought in by the tide. Niamh was moved to create her own messages. To tell stories with silk and print. Bringing statements of positivity, of dreamy optimism, all delivered through luxurious and spirited collections.
- Max Made Me: Brought to you by Carol Maxwell – a female founded and led future heritage brand, well-known for its Personalised Letter Print range for children, luxury greeting cards and beautiful hand painted print collections for inspiring interiors.
- Faeger: A London and Cotswolds-based interior design studio creating un-forced and personable spaces with a unique identity, defining the beauty between the space, objects within it and the being. Faeger focuses on bringing authenticity and charm to a project through thoughtful space planning, carefully curated lighting designs, and a calming selection of colour.
- Kokoro: Meaning “heart, mind and spirit,” luxury fashion label, Kokoro London is a ready-to-wear fusion of fashion and culture. With luxury fabrics, traditional printing techniques, and collaborating with acclaimed global artists, Kokoro London combines expert craftsmanship with wearable pieces that are truly individual.
Wreath making workshops
English Potted Plant Co will be hosting two Wreath Workshops on Saturday 2 December from 11am to 2pm and Thursday 7 December from 5pm to 9pm, in their Connaught Village Pop Up Shop at 26 Connaught Street, where they will be making gorgeously wild and wonderful wreaths along with some good company, mulled wine and nibbles. Tickets cost £75pp which includes all your materials for the wreath.
You will use lots of foraged evergreens, twigs and cones on a natural moss base, along with gorgeous ribbons, all things twinkly and the choice of some traditional items like oranges, cinnamon sticks and baubles.
Tickets cost £75pp which includes all your materials for the wreath, special on-the-day discounts in the shop and a goody bag to take home with some English Potted Plant Co. loot.
You will also learn how to make a fabulous table centre-piece along with some easy, stylish seasonal decorating ideas and you’ll be able to buy these materials in the shop if you’d like to get creative at home.