Marble Arch London BID has commissioned an Edgware Road Insights Study. The primary aim of the study is to establish an evidence base for future planning policy and infrastructure interventions, as the BID looks towards creating a vision for the district as part of its second term.
We have appointed Pragma, working with Gerald Eve, to carry out the Insights Study. Pragma is the UK’s leading commercial advisor for investors and operators in mixed use, travel, and retail property, undertaking projects across all channels of the built environment, from shopping developments to retail parks, town centres to transport hubs, in-store and online.
The Insights Study will include a number of detailed components, centred on property intelligence and primary research:
- An audit of commercial premises and uses;
- The creation of a property ownership register;
- Analysis of rental values across the district;
- Identification of the district’s catchment area and benchmark locations, with daily and seasonal variations;
- Relative contributions made by different customer groups, such as local shoppers, hotel guests, overseas tourists and people who work in local offices;
- Satisfaction levels by each type of user;
- How people travel to the district;
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses, and the opportunities afforded by the local development pipeline;
- Economic contribution made by the district and its various sectors, including the role of the night time economy;
- The potential of Covid-19 to alter consumer behaviour and demand in the short, medium and long term.
You can read the full brief here and the press release here.
The cost of the study is met through Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) funding, from the Hyde Park Paddington and Marylebone Neighbourhood Forums.
We are delighted to have been appointed on this exciting project. Pragma’s team combines market leading expertise and the technical skill to deliver the most appropriate and insightful evidence base and we will be working alongside Gerald Eve who will be turning this evidence base into robust planning and policy recommendations. We look forward to working with the BID and local stakeholders to deliver the project objectives.
Andrew McVicker, Director at Pragma
Pragma’s team combines market leading expertise and the technical skill to deliver the most appropriate and insightful evidence base. Gerald Eve has the experience and expertise to turn this evidence base into robust planning and policy recommendations.
Residents, businesses and people who work in the area will be asked to take part through online and on-street surveys and well as qualitative interviews. The final strategic report will be available early in 2021.