St Patrick’s Day, 17 March, is only a few days away and this is an event that you do not want to miss out on! Whilst other locations might not make a big deal of this lucky day, London goes full leprechaun to honour the death of St. Patrick, the foremost patron saint of Ireland… and have a jolly. There are only two kinds of people in the world, the Irish and those who wish they were, so enjoy the luck of the Irish in Marble Arch!
First and foremost, St Paddy’s Day wouldn’t be complete without a drink (or two) at The Heron, Marble Arch’s own Irish-run pub! They’ll be celebrating all weekend starting with some cracking Irish music from renowned Irish folk and ballad singer Sean Brady on Friday, 16 March from 7-10pm. Traditional Colcannon will be served up with sausage from 6pm – Complementary of course!
Then on Saturday watch Ireland ‘claim’ the Grand Slam on their two large screens. Kick off is at 2.45pm – Sandwiches and cocktail sausages will be served up at halftime. A massive Cead Mile Failte awaits!
Be prepared for some Irish luck (or not) with one of Grosvenor Casino The Victoria London‘s casino packages to place a fun and frivolous bet on the Cheltenham Festival races. Although the festival finished the day before St. Paddy’s, you can test your luck!
For those planning a feast or festival of their own, we suggest a few places to make your perfect meal:
- Buchanan’s Cheesemongers will supply you with all the Irish cheeses you can muster (or muenster)!
- Gail’s Bakery will have soda bread loaves a plenty – perfect for that cheese
- Boxcar London’s masterful butchers are at the ready to provide you with best cuts of lamb for your sheperd’s pie or Irish stew. Don’t stop there – they have all the bacon and sausage you need to make some hearty coddle too!
More of a celebrator than a curator? Not a problem! We have the pubs, restaurants and bars to make your St Paddy’s Day the luckiest yet!
- The Zetter Townhouse will be serving up Irish Whiskey cocktails accompanied by traditional Irish stew and homemade soda bread to line the stomach. Drinks will be flowing and the craic in abundance in true Irish style! To book The Cocktail Lounge at The Zetter Townhouse Clerkenwell please email Zthbar@thezetter.com
- Head to The Harcourt for some serious cocktails with an Irish twist. For a limited time, you can get your hands on their Guinness based cocktail and homemade beermisu…yes, that is beer and tiramisu, and it’s delicious
- For the Irish whisky lovers, look no further than Lord Wargrave, which proudly houses over 230 different whiskies. If you like a sweet and smokey bourbon, a peaty single-malt or a super smooth blended, they have the drop for you.
- To top off your St Paddy’s day, satisfy your sweet tooth by heading to Lanes of London for their luxurious Bailey’s and white chocolate cheesecake with honeycomb!
The Irish saying goes “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.” Well, now you are! Good Luck!