If your business receives deliveries, you could incur charges when ULEZ launches on 8 April 2019. Don’t fear, we are providing you with access to free assessment, advice and support to reduce the environmental impact of deliveries, save money and reduce the impact of costs associated with the ULEZ. As a member of the Marble Arch London BID, you have access to:
– DeliverBEST, a web-based diagnostic tool that uses your business’s unique attributes to provide relevant, practical and proven solutions that make deliveries to your business more efficient. It saves you time and money while improving local air quality.
– Click:collect, our designated platform specifically for personal or one-off deliveries to reduce the number of freight and delivery vehicles on the road, making Marble Arch a nicer, safer and healthier place to visit, shop and work.
– West End Buyers Club, the preferred supplier scheme working across London’s West End to save businesses money and improve London’s air quality. Featured suppliers have undergone a rigorous procurement process to provide goods and services at low prices so they are delivered in ways that minimise the impact of vehicle emissions on air quality.
The ULEZ will operate over exactly the same area as the Congestion Charge, but will expand outwards to include the whole of Inner London by 2021. However, Edgware Road is included in the initial launch on 8 April 2019. ULEZ will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. TfL has produced a simple guide to ULEZ which you can reference here, as well as below.
If you think you could benefit from using DeliverBEST, all it takes is answering fewer than 10 questions on the DeliverBEST portal and they will recommend actions that will help you deliver:
- efficiencies and cost savings
- an improved environment for staff and customers
- corporate sustainability and responsibility outcomes
Although we’re sure you’ll want to, there’s no obligation to act on any of the recommendations. If you want, DeliverBEST is able to help answer your questions and support you to implement any changes. Get in touch before 8 April when ULEZ comes int affect.
If you have already taken positive steps to reduce deliveries or switched to greener suppliers in the area, the Marylebone Low Emission Neighbourhood team would also like to hear from you to understand what works best in the area and share best practice ahead of the arrival of the ULEZ later this year. Get in touch with us here.