At the end of 2018, Marble Arch London BID launched its Business Crime Group in response to pubs, restaurants and shops requests for tools to deal with certain types of antisocial behaviour, such as begging and harassing customers.
Any business in the Marble Arch area can join our Business Crime Group, which meets on a quarterly basis, to receive up-to-date tips, tools and advice from the Metropolitan Police, Safer West End and Westminster City Council’s Integrated Street Engagement Unit. Marble Arch Street Team is also present for you to meet, if you have not already.
Past meetings have included –
- Tips on how to support vulnerable people and groups
- Step-by-step guide on how to record and report incidents
- Tools to deal with antisocial beahviours
- Incident planning training to teach business how to react if the security threat is raised to critical
- Roundtable discussions with professionals about shop-lifting, aggressive begging or rough sleeping outside of premises
- Opportunities to voice concerns to the local authorities
We have created some downloads that might help businesses in terms of securing your shop, locking down your premises and security advice for schools – featured on our downloads page of the website.
To register your interest or for further information please email Mike in the BID team.