Marble Arch London BID has launched its Recovery Plan, helping our members get back to business.
The Marble Arch Recovery Plan focuses on five pledges, as we emerge from this Covid-19 crisis to facilitate recovery.
- Advocacy and Lobbying – as the single external agency entirely focused on the Marble Arch and Edgware Road district, we have been working with Westminster City Council and Transport for London to create safer and wider walking routes, promoting food and beverage locations for extended tables and chairs and lobbying for a relaxation of Sunday trading laws. We have assisted business access grants and rates relief.
- A Safe Return – the BID has led the way on the external environment, providing queue markers and helping with queue management. We are helping our members access safe and sustainable travel options, as well as ensuring that work places can be Covid-safe.
- Enhanced Street Services – the Marble Arch Street Team are on hand to help our members six days a week, from 8am to 10pm. The BID is hot-washing pavements to ensure the environment clean, and we have successfully campaigned for the completion by TfL of crossing works at the remaining junctions on Edgware Road from July.
- Keeping you Connected – we will keep our members updated on the latest government advice and guidelines, and continue our popular webinar and training series, sharing best practice from overseas where it is applicable to the UK. We have joined the London Alliance consumer confidence campaign and are working with destination marketing agencies to roll out new domestic and international campaigns to support our hospitality sector. Our Community Programme has brought together hotels, venues and offices to support charities and schools throughout the crisis, and will continue to offer virtual volunteering until people return to their places of work and social distancing regulations are reduced.
- Advice and Intelligence – the BID will share real time information through our dedicated Covid Resource Centre, and ensure that every business sector receives the tailored advice and support it needs. Our Footfall Counters have proved invaluable in tracking visitor numbers throughout the pandemic and lockdown. An Edgware Road Insights Study is now underway to better define catchment areas and the impact of the pandemic on the district.
You can read or download our Marble Arch Recovery Plan here.