The Portman Marylebone Summer Street Party returns to Seymour Place and New Quebec Street for an evening of summer festivities for all ages, on Thursday 18 July 2019 from 5pm-10pm. Free to attend, this year’s event will celebrate storytelling, inspired by the interesting stories behind the independent businesses in Portman Marylebone, and the books that have defined generations.
Visitors will walk through a whimsical walkway of recycled books, leading up to a cozy story corner for reading performances and talks for all ages. Guests can dress up in armoured suits from art collector, The Wallace Collection and enjoy interactive performances. Grown-ups and children alike can learn new skills from floral workshops to designing traditional Japanese Orihon sketch books. Throughout the evening, musicians will play a selection of funk, soul and folk songs that will keep guests dancing.
As one of London’s most exciting dining destinations, guests can expect some exceptional street food. Here’s a taster of what’s to come:
- The Marylebone Story Corner, with theatrical reading performances, children’s entertainers and a chance to learn more about the stories behind Portman Marylebone businesses
- New arrival, Everbean Deli will take inspiration from nursery rhymes for each of its dishes of the day and GAILS Bakery will offer freshly baked goods
- Bernardi’s will serve modern Italian dishes alongside summer beverages, whilst Basque grill Lurra will be cooking its renowned beef pintxo on its BBQ
- Daisy Green will prepare delicious treats at its Alice in Wonderland themed stall, with bunting, flowers and story book masks.
- For the first time, the Street Party will welcome restaurants from nearby Chiltern Street, where Clarette will host ‘female wine-tales’ with tastings of wines produced solely by female producers and served by Head Sommelier Natalia Kozlowska. Ravinder Bhogal’s Jikoni will serve delicious and flavourful light bites throughout the evening.
- Learn about the history of the boutonniere and make your own, with florist Moyses Stevens
- Exclusive promotions from a host of boutiques including Paolita, London Grace and Lemongrass Boutique Spa
- Live music, which will keep the party going until 10:00 pm
The Portman Marylebone Summer Street Party is working with Carers Network, a charity dedicated to supporting unpaid carers in changing lives across London.
Complimentary food and drink, and places for the workshops will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis. For more information, visit www.portmanmarylebone.com.
We hope to see you there! Share your excitement, experiences and eats from the event using the hashtag #PortmanStreetParty.