Buckingham Palace has announced that Donald Trump, President of the United States (POTUS) and First Lady Melania Trump have accepted Her Majesty The Queen’s invitation to attend a State Visit to the UK, which is set to take place from 3 to 5 June 2019. The visit will largely focus on London and state engagements, the majority of which will take place between 3 and 4 June.
Marble Arch London BID is working with the Metropolitan Police to stay ahead of any potential disruption to the surrounding areas and your operations. We can confirm that there will likely be some disruption to transport during this period.
We will obtain and share more specific information of direct implications for our area nearer the time via our security newsletter. If you have not already subscribed and would like to receive our security and safety updates, please sign up here.
You can also find helpful security information on our downloads page on our website here.
It is important to remember:
- Consider contingency plans to mitigate impact, e.g. delivery dates, working from home, removing street furniture and A-boards
- Review access control to buildings and accreditation of personnel to prevent unauthorised access
- Check your external CCTV is in operation and recording
- Ensure all employees are fully briefed in the days leading up to the event
- Report any suspicious activity to police either by calling 101 or 999 in an emergency