The proposed redevelopment of 48 Chapel Street will transform this corner, invest in the area and make this an attractive destination point for residents, workers and tourists. The plans are for the demolition of the existing Chapel Pub and the erection of a 6 storey hotel with a pub, and reinstated retail at ground level.
The proposals will:
- Re-establish a new community public house;
- Provide a new hotel;
- Retain a retail unit at ground floor;
- Make better use of the space by creating a new corner building – (linking Chapel Street and Old Marylebone Road;
- Improve the public realm and create a relationship between the City and nature;
- Replace a tree that had been previously removed;
- Make use of high-quality materials sensitive to the surrounding area;
- Targeting BREEAM excellent;
- Green roofs to the flat roofs;
- Deliver highly managed and integrated on site servicing;
- Reincorporate a tree (removed in 2018 due to structural damage caused) greatly improving the public realm
The proposal is to provide high quality architecture, informed by the footprint of the site and the neighbouring context, to create a flat iron style building completing the corner street frontage of Chapel Street and Old Marylebone Road.