We are committed to ensuring the Marble Arch area is a safe and pleasant place to work, visit and live. Key aspects in doing so are through our Street Team and the free safety, anti-terrorism and fraud awareness training we provide for our members.
The Marble Arch Street Team has made substantial and influential inroads during their first year, one of the major projects provided by the BID to its members and local community.
To ensure businesses are equipped and resilient, we are continuing and expanding our dedicated programme of free training to include NCCU cyber crime and Project Servator.
In such a dynamic area of London, antisocial behaviour and crime remain. We all play a vital role in our community and we have collated some helpful resources and contact details in the event that you need to report an incident.
If you need a police officer in an emergency, wish to report a crime or just speak to the police please use the contact details to follow.
Emergency – Calls
In an emergency please telephone 999.
If you are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, a text phone is available on 18000.
You should use 999 if:
- A crime is happening right now.
- Someone is in immediate danger, or there is a risk of serious damage to property.
- A suspect for a serious crime is nearby.
- There is a traffic collision involving injury or danger to other road users.
Non-emergency – Calls
For all other calls to the police please telephone 101.
If you are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, a text phone is available on 18001 101.
You should use 101 to:
- Report a crime not currently in progress – for example a stolen car, burglary, or damaged property.
- Give information to the police about crime in your area.
- Speak to the police about a general enquiry.
- Contact a specific police officer or member of staff.
Non-emergency – Online
Marble Arch Street Team
You should call the Street Team if you:
- Have general enquiries about the area
- Require directions
- Encounter persistent begging
- Experience dumped waste outside your premises
- Are concerned about rickshaws
- Disturbed by noise
- Are affected by shop-lifting
- Want to report a vulnerable rough sleeper
- Notice unsafe roads and/or pavements
- Witness vice cards or distribution of vice cards
Email – StreetTeam@marble-arch.london
Telephone – 07825 750777 for immediate help (Tuesday to Saturday)
Update – June 2020: The Street Team now operate Monday to Saturday 8am-10pm.
Other useful telephone numbers
Action Fraud (for fraud and cyber crime) – 0300 123 2040
Anti-terrorist Hotline (for reporting suspicious behaviour) – 0800 789 321
Crimestoppers (to report a crime anonymously) – 0800 555 111
NSPCC Helpline (if you are worried about a child) – 0808 800 5000
Victim Support line (if you have been a victim) – 08 08 16 89 111
If your business would like to receive these details in either electronic or hard copy please email the team.
If you’d like to book an appointment with the team, please email StreetTeam@marble-arch.london to arrange, or simply look out for them in the area. To call them for immediate help please dial 07825 750777.