The new Marylebone Library is coming to Marble Arch, moving from its current location at 9-11 New Cavendish St in Marylebone to the Seymour Leisure Centre on Seymour Place.
The library’s new site, which is due to open in 2020, will provide a community hub as it will be built directly next to the recently refurbished and highly popular leisure centre, which is managed by the City of Westminster’s EveryoneActive programme.
The new Marylebone Library will also be modernised to provide users with study nodes including Wi-Fi and computers, dedicated children and adult library areas, flexible space for different activities like book clubs and school schemes, and hosted events to foster start-ups, entrepreneurs and cultural exhibitions.
To ensure your new community hub is fit for purpose, Westminster City Council is consulting on the internal and external design proposals in two stages:
- Early discussions to get your views on the initial designs during February and March
- Official six-week consultation during June and July on revised designs having taken on board feedback at the initial design stage
The first phase, which runs from 14 February to 18 March 2018, will allow residents, stakeholders and interested parties to explore the design proposals, meet the project team and discuss your comments at one of the three engagement exhibitions:
- Saturday 17th February, 11am – 3pm at Seymour Leisure Centre, Seymour Place W1H 5TJ
- Tuesday 27th February, 3pm – 8pm at Marylebone Library, 9 – 11 New Cavendish Street W1G 9UQ
- Wednesday 7th March, 8am – 10am at Marylebone Library, 9 – 11 New Cavendish Street W1G 9UQ
If you can’t make any of the exhibitions, you can view the design proposals and comment online at here. You can also contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.