Welfare And Vulnerability Engagement (WAVE) training is a package developed to provide those working in the licensed industry with an awareness of vulnerability, their responsibilities and how to deal with it. This training will help build your skills, knowledge and confidence when tackling vulnerability by training you how to identify vulnerability and make appropriate, impactful interventions.
WAVE is based on five key principles:
- Preventing and reducing violent crime linked to the licensed economy
- Preventing and reducing sexual offences
- Reducing preventable injury linked to alcohol and drug use in the licensed economy
- Reducing opportunities for criminal activity and anti-social behaviour in licensed premises
- Promoting partnerships and engagement with communities and key stakeholders in the licensed economy
You will also learn about the Ask for Angela initiative. People who feel unsafe, vulnerable or threatened can discreetly seek help by approaching venue staff and asking them for ‘Angela’. This code-phrase will indicate to staff that they require help with their situation and a trained member of staff will then look to support and assist them.
This event is free to all BID members but specifically aimed at colleagues within licensed and late night premises.
The event will be held online. To book please email us.