8 December 2020
Saturday 12 December 12.30pm, Sri Lanka High Commission, Lancaster Gate
- Gathering from 12.30-4.30pm at the Sri Lanka High Commission, near Lancaster Gate.
- The protest is organised by the Sri Lankan Diaspora to show solidarity with Sri Lankan Christians and Muslims who are allegedly currently been oppressed and attacked for their religious rights.
- It is estimated that there will be 250 people in attendance.
- There will be a proportionate policing plan in place.
Friday 11 December 2020 8am, Westminster Magistrates Court
A protest is planned in support of Julian Assange during a bail hearing at Westminster Magistrates Court on Marylebone Road. Numbers are unknown.
Wednesday 2 December 2020 6.30pm, Cycle-based protest
- SaveOurScene UK are planning a cycle-based protest, calling for more support for the entertainment and art sectors during the COVID Pandemic.
- It is estimated that there will be up to 600 people in attendance.
- They plan to meet and form-up on North Carriage Drive at 6.30pm but participants may end up meeting at Marble Arch.
- There will then be cycling as a group with a number of sound systems mounted on rickshaws.
- The planned route is North Carriage Drive/Marble Arch > Oxford St > Regent St > Piccadilly Circus > Haymarket > Trafalgar Square > Whitehall > Parliament Square.
- Disruption to traffic including local bus services should be expected.
Saturday 21 November 2020 2pm, Anti-Lockdown Protest March
- Mustering at Hyde Park, marching to Downing Street.
- The protest is organised by the anti-lockdown activist groups ‘Save Our Rights UK’ and ‘StandUpX’. Protesters oppose COVID-19 restrictions and argue lockdown measures infringe upon human rights.
- Recent protests in London by these groups have attracted crowds in the low thousands. There is no social media evidence to suggest a large attendance like this, however, it cannot be ruled out.
- The police are aware of the protest and will take the relevant actions.
Thursday 29 October 9am, Julian Assange Defence Committee (JADC)
- The protest will start at 9am at Westminster Magistrates Court
- It is estimated that there will be 30 people in attendance.
- This protest is in support of Julian Assange during court appearance (video link)
Saturday 31 October 2-5pm, Algerian Protest
This is a small static protest at Marble Arch regarding the current situation in Algeria.
Saturday 24 October 12pm, Algerian Protest
An Algerian protest is planned at Marble Arch at 12pm.
Saturday 24 October from 12pm, Justice UK March
- The march will start at 12pm at Speaker’s Corner, Hyde Park.
- The following route is anticipated: Hyde Park > Wellington Arch > Green Park > Horse Guards Road > Downing Street.
- It is estimated that there will be 100-150 people in attendance.
- A barrier plan will be in place outside of Downing Street.
Saturday 24 October from 12pm, Save our Rights
- Another march is expected to start at 12pm at Hyde Park.
- There are currently about 4,000 people interested in attending.
- This march may go along Oxford Street, Regent Street towards Covent Garden or via Charing Cross Road. Route to be confirmed.
Suspicious activity in central London
We have received reports of suspicious activity at a number of central London addresses. On separate occasions, an individual has attempted to gain access to private premises claiming to represent the Health and Safety Executive, wearing a high-vis uniform and carrying the attached letter claiming authority to carry out a ‘COVID-19 spot check’ under the auspices of a COVID-19 Health & Safety survey. The HSE have confirmed that this letter is not legitimate.
Please be vigilant for incidents of a similar nature and deny access/escalate any such attempts to the police.
This is the current HSE advice regarding COVID-19 spot checks:
- COVID-19 spot checks are typically carried out by telephone to confirm that a COVID-19 prevention measures are in place.
- These checks are currently outsourced and they would not expect someone to physically attend site from an outsourced company on behalf of the HSE.
- The outsourced company will typically make three attempts of contact via telephone before it is passed back to the HSE.
- If a spot check does happen, the visit would be from an official HSE inspector and therefore they should have the relevant HSE identification.
- If anyone does attend on-site and there are any doubts, DO NOT GIVE ACCESS
- The HSE can be contacted on 0300 790 6787. Lines are open from 08.30am to 5pm.
Friday 23 October 9:30am, Westminster Magistrates Court
- Protest organised by supporters of Piers Corbyn during his Westminster Court case.
- Attendance is currently unknown however the Metropolitan Police are aware of the planned protest. It is possible that attendance will be in the hundreds due to the recent support Piers Corbyn has had during anti-lockdown demonstrations across London.
- Minimal disruption to the area is expected.
- Supporters will likely not be adhering to social-distancing measures.
Saturday 17 October from 1pm, Stand Up to X – March for Freedom
- The group is expected to assemble at Speakers Corner at 1pm and march to Downing Street via Oxford Street.
- 400-500 people are expected to attend but numbers are difficult to predict.
- There will be an proportionate policing plan in place.
- The event will include speeches from prominent members of the anti-lockdown and anti-5G movements, including Piers Corbyn.
- They have expressed the intention to hand out leaflets to small businesses regarding the government failures to support them.
Sunday 11 October from 12pm, Annual Religious Event from The Hussani Association (2nd day):
This will be a static event at Marble Arch. 200 people are anticipated to attend. A policing plan is in place.
Saturday 10 October 1pm, Stop the New Normal and Match the Million March
- Estimated 5,000 people attending.
- Assembling at Speakers Corner Hyde Park marching to Downing Street.
- The exact route has not been provided by the organisers as yet.
- They have given starting time of 1pm for the march.
- A policing plan is in place.
Saturday 10 October 1pm-5pm, StandUpX Protest:
The protest will begin at Hyde Park through to BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place. The exact route is not yet known and numbers are not confirmed. A policing plan is in place.
Saturday 10 October 9am-4pm, Annual Religious Procession from The Hussani Association (1st day): .
- Set up from 9am at Marble Arch.
- Will leave Marble Arch at 2pm and walk north up Edgware Road to Paddington Green.
- Edgware Road will be closed for 2 hours to northbound through traffic.
- Expected to finish at 4pm.
- 1,000 people are anticipated to attend.
- A policing plan is in place.
Please follow @MetPoliceEvents for up to date police information.
Sign up for TfL Travel Alerts here or check travel status here.